Product Return Process Overview
WARNING – Many Teledyne FLIR products are export-controlled under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR) and may have additional local country export restrictions. A repair authorization must be received from a FLIR Authorized Service Center prior to returning the system to prevent a potential unauthorized reexport or retransfer resulting in repair delays. System shipments to or through any other service provider or intermediaries must be authorized by an export license or Technical Assistance Agreement.
How to Return a Product for Service:
All products being returned to Teledyne FLIR must have a Return Material Authorization (RMA) number issued. RMAs are issued through the "Submit RMA Request" link in the Main Menu under "Resources". If this is the first time using the FLIR Detection Product Returns Portal, then you will need to complete the registration (link below), so that we can get you setup in the system. A short video on the process of registration can be seen here. Please ensure that you mention 'RMA, Product Name' in the comments section when you fill in your profile. If you are already registered on this portal please Login. New registrations are usually completed within 1-2 hours, but may take up to 1 business day. Once your registration is complete and you have logged in you will see 'Submit RMA Request' in the Main Menu under Resources that will allow you to submit an RMA Request.
If you are experiencing any difficulties or if you have any questions, please contact our service department at +1 865 276 2850 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Outline of the FLIR Detection Return Process:
- Customer requests an RMA via the Submit RMA Request Link in Main Menu under Resources.
- Customer receives an RMA and shipping instructions from FLIR.
- Upon receipt of the product to FLIR an email notification will be sent to the customer.
- A FLIR Service Technician will evaluate the product. If applicable, a repair estimate will be forwarded to the customer.
- Upon customer approval and receipt of funding, FLIR will proceed with the quoted repair.
- In the event that repair and/or maintenance services are declined, an evaluation fee will be applied to all non-warranty systems returned for service.
- The product will be shipped upon passing the quality control performance criteria.
- Tracking information will be emailed to the customer.
Important... Products should be shipped to the address that is specified on the Return Material Authorization (RMA) notification.